For those of you who, like me, couldn’t attend any conference out of Scotland this year, this is our opportunity:
If you use software in your research and you have a good understanding of what’s happening in your field (and an idea about what will be happening soon) then the Software Sustainability Institute want to hear from you. The institute will pay researchers from any discipline up to £3000 a year to attend conferences and report on the latest developments in their field.
Interested? Visit www.software.ac.uk/agents to find out how to apply.
Closing date: 8 August 2011
The Software Sustainability Institute is funded by the research councils to help researchers use and develop software for their research. To better understand the fields that most need our help, the institute are setting up a network of Agents. Working as an Agent, you will receive travelling expenses in return for a short report about the conference you attended, the people you met and your views on the topics that look most promising in the future.
* Up to £3000 a year to attend the conferences and events that you want to attend
* Your advocacy will ensure that your field benefits from the best support for software development
* Add world-leading researchers to your professional network
* Free attendance at training events for new tools and technologies
* If you develop code, improve your knowledge of effective techniques for developing sustainable software
* A great addition to your CV
You don’t have to be a professor or a Principal Investiga